EGM Broker Commissions
As your Independent Insurance Broker, EGM purchases insurance products and services on your behalf. Our role is to provide the best insurance value based on coverage, service and price. We also provide personalized, quality service that includes professional insurance advice, ongoing policy maintenance and claims support.
When any issue arises regarding your insurance coverage, we are your advocates, using our professional experience to best represent your interests.
Brokerage compensation is part of the insurance premium that appears on your invoice. For your benefit, this is the range of compensation our insurers provide:
- Chieftan 12.5% to 20%
- Dominion of Canada* 8.5 to 25%
- Economical* 10 to 20%
- Intact Insurance* 10 to 20%
- Intact Facility** 7.5 to 11%
- Jevco 15%
- Lanark Mutual* 12.5 to 20%
- Premier Marine 15%
- Perth 5 to 15%
- Wawanesa* 7.5 to 20%
- Western General* 10 to 20%
* In order for us to maintain strong relationships with quality insurers, we work with each to provide the type of business they desire. The insurers with an asterisk (*) noted above recognize our efforts through a Contingent Commission contract. Payment of this Contingent Commission may depend on a combination of growth, profitability (loss ratio), volume, retention and increased services that we provide on behalf of the Insurer. Contingent Commission is not guaranteed. For detailed information on Contingent Commission, please visit the individual company’s website.
** Commission is capped at $250.00
This commission percentage is paid annually for both new business and renewals.
Our disclosure commitments are made in the best interest of consumers. We encourage you to also consult the commitments made by the insurance industry and individual companies by consulting their websites or other available information. Your insurer will provide a Consumer Code of Rights and Responsibilities.
If you have any questions regarding commissions, please contact us.Back